Our Funeral Planning Guide
How to Plan a Funeral
Whether you are planning in advance or at need, arranging a funeral can oftentimes be confusing and stressful for a family. However, the caring staff at Thibadeau Mortuary will guide you through every step of the process, ensuring that all your wishes and requests are handled to suit your particular needs. When you come to Thibadeau to make arrangements, we will walk you through our funeral checklist:
1. Choose a Final Disposition Option - A Thibadeau Mortuary funeral professional will walk you through the various options, answer all of your questions and help you make the best decision for your particular situation.
2. Choose Ceremonial Options - At Thibadeau Mortuary, we can help you arrange either a traditional or alternative funeral ceremony.
3. Information Gathering - One of our caring professionals will gather all the necessary information from you and your family.
4. Selection of Memorial Items - We offer a large selection of memorial items, including caskets, urns, vaults, flowers, memorial DVDs and an Executor's Planning Kit.
5. Taking Care of the Logistics - We will plan such things as the site of the funeral, the valet to pick up your family, and how the remains will be taken care of and transported.
6. Financing Options - We will address your Medicare concerns and also walk you through the various financing options, such as advance payment options, price freezing and inflation protection.
7. Finalize the Arrangement - Once you have made all of your memorial selections, we will create a permanent file at Thibadeau Mortuary.
Our funeral planning guide also consists of the resources below which includes advice on planning for a cremation service and a celebration of life.
Preparing to Attend a Funeral Ceremony
What is involved in preparing for a funeral service? The specific details largely depend on whether you are a member of the immediate or extended family, or simply a guest. Learn more about preparing for a funeral in this section of our website.
How to Plan a Burial Service
A simple burial service is a preferred custom in many societies and faiths. Read more about our burial services so you can best decide if a burial service is the right option for you and your loved ones.
How to Plan a Cremation Service
Choosing cremation doesn't mean there can't be a remembrance service. Learn how to plan for the memorialization of a loved one through ceremony and remembrance.
How to Plan a Celebration of Life
Because it's an opportunity to showcase someone's unique life story and achievements, today's celebration-of-life is a deeply personal event. If you think such an event is the right choice for your situation, here's what should know about planning celebrations-of-life.
Current Need - Virtual Arrangement
If you need to arrange a funeral immediately and would like to do so online, please complete the forms in this section that are appropriate for your situation and fax or email them to our office. One of our caring funeral directors will contact you as soon as we receive this information.
No one wants to think about a time when they will be unable to make critical health care or end-of-life decisions but it makes sense to complete an advance directive.
Most people do not know how to plan a funeral, and at Thibadeau Mortuary Services we understand that there can be trepidation and nerves when faced with such a large responsibility. Saying goodbye to your loved one is never going to be easy, but we would like to make it as simple as possible for you to plan a funeral that captures the life and spirit of the deceased. We invite you to contact us if you are in need of any more information about funeral planning. If you have any questions about our funeral-planning guide, we hope to hear from you.
For immediate need, please contact us right away by giving us a call at 301-495-4950 or by email at email@example.com